Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Screenplay Update



The latest news on the screenplay is that it’s being looked at by a top Hollywood script consultant! I’m excited and terrified at the same time. 

My work reviewed by the professionals with A-list movie and TV credentials!  

This came about when my screenwriting client made contact with a very well connected entertainment lawyer who suggested the screenplay be reviewed by a consultant. Where it will lead I don’t know, but I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from it once I get the marked up pages back. 

The next step after that is to start mining other contacts and see if we can get the screenplay in front of other professionals … assuming I don’t have to make many changes to it. If I do, then I’ll be busy doing that before we start knocking on doors. 

It’s an interesting process. 

I would also love to work on some of my client’s other ideas, as they are very viable and have a high entertainment value, but he seems to be losing steam a bit. At 81 years of age I suppose that’s understandable. I suspect he had hoped the screenplay would be in production by now, something he would love to be a part of as a co-producer. But the reality of Hollywood is that most screenplays take years to even get written, and then take years to find the right home, unless they were written for a studio under contract.  

And, just like for fiction and non-fiction book writers, many studios (or publishers) won’t look at material that didn’t come to them through an agent. Just a few hurdles to overcome but I see no reason why we can’t!


Wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful and abundant 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment