Monday, October 3, 2016

A New Short Story Available (Free)

I’ve just uploaded a new short story to my website and to celebrate the start of the Autumn season, I’m offering it for free. Find it here: http://www.elynnhwriting.com/shop/

It’s called “Foreign Affairs” and is an exploration of trying to build something meaningful across cultures in a post-conflict environment. 

I am deeply grateful for the permission given to me to take elements of a real person’s life and use them in this story. He/She shall remain anonymous.

The story, as I said, is free, however I have to work within the confines of SquareSpace, my webhosting service and they use a dedicated 3rd party for commerce, such as selling stories online. I assure you they are secure and I do not get to see or access any personal details from any of you. All I get is a report of how many people purchased or downloaded one or more of my stories. 

If that assurance still makes you uncomfortable, then please send me a quick note that you’d like to receive “Foreign Affairs” to my email box set up specifically for that purpose and I’ll send you a pdf of the story. 
elynnh2write (at) gmail.com (you know how it works, I’m trying to avoid bot traffic).


Thanks and happy reading.  

1 comment:

  1. This really is a heartbreaking tale of two people, from very different cultural backgrounds. In my opinion a fine short story in the best tradition, in which there is more than meets the eye. I like it.

    ReplyDelete