Sunday, November 25, 2018

Holiday Book Boost number 1




Hi Rebecca, 
Welcome to my blog, I’m happy meet you and introduce you to my readers for this Holiday Book Boost. Let’s get started.

Title, genre, format (ebook, paperback):
Dancing at Midnight – The Life of June Parker. An historical/literary fiction novel available in paperback and Kindle.

Tell me about your book/story:
The story is about a daughter discovering her estranged mother’s journals after her death, and the secrets she never knew about her life. She is transformed and shocked by what she learns, and is able to finally understand the events that shaped the complicated woman she knew. As a result, she finds herself and a new purpose in life.

What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you (or, what is your secret superpower):
I can assess a person within minutes of meeting them. A skill I learned from interviewing applicants for the past 27 years as an HR professional.

And just a few fun questions:
Pen or Computer:
Are you kidding? I can’t even read my own handwriting! Computer is the only way I write.

Best writing snacks:
Chocolate covered peanuts! A boost of sugar AND protein.

Craziest thing you’ve done for story research:
Hmm…not so much what I’ve done, but what I’ve googled. Like when were diaphragms invented for birth control. Were they available in the 1940’s?

Where can people find your book/story:
My book and its sequel, The Other Side of Midnight, can be found on amazon.com.

Any links and/or pictures you want to share:
Yes. You can learn more about me, view previous interviews/book reviews, and check out my blog of short stories and more at: rebeccayelland.com


Thank you!
Tomorrow I'll feature another writer, all to give you loads of ideas of books to get for the Holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful covers! And I love your chocolate covered protein idea!

    ReplyDelete