Monday, November 26, 2018

Holiday Book Boost Number 2


Welcome Lynne, for day 2 of the Holiday Book Boost, and thank you for sharing some info on your latest novel, which I hear is really quite gripping!


Title, genre, format (ebook, paperback):
Hart of Madness, mystery, ebook and paperback

Tell me about your book/story:
Hart Island is a small island located in the Long Island Sound,
off the coast of the Bronx, in New York City.
It has been a public mass burial ground,
a “potter’s field” for a million souls since 1869.The crumbling remains of its buildings once served as:
a Union Civil War prison camp,
a tuberculosis sanatorium,
a boys’ reformatory and...
a woman’s lunatic asylum.

New York City, 1902. Imagine what it would be like to be nineteen years old, accused of killing your family, and committed to a lunatic asylum in the middle of a colossal potter’s field (Hart Island) for the rest of your life? 
That’s the fate of Ruby Hunt in Hart of Madness.



 What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you (or, what is your secret superpower):
I love to blend two seemingly disparate subjects in my books: history and technology.

And just a few fun questions:
Pen or Computer:
I use pen when I’m out and about and an idea comes to me. Otherwise, only computer.

Best writing snacks:
Ha!  Probably something sweet with a cup of good coffee.

Craziest thing you’ve done for story research:
Wandered around the Whitechapel area of London at night, researching Jack the Ripper.

Where can people find your book/story:
For paperbacks: Amazon and Barnes & Noble (some stores in San Diego carry them, otherwise they can be ordered.

Check back tomorrow for the next book!

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying this book! I just wish I had more time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really great! Going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete