Monday, December 10, 2018

Holiday Book Boost Number 16



Hi Alexandra, Welcome to my blog, I’m happy meet you and introduce you to my readers. Let’s get started.

Title, genre, format (ebook, paperback):
“I’m Not Smelly the Pirate”
For children up to 5 years.
Paperback for children in a handy and appealing 8”x 8” colour format.

Tell me about your book/story:
Captain Bloodandguts is a wicked and mean pirate and also very vain. He doesn't go anywhere without his huge, beautiful parrot sitting on his shoulder.
But the poor parrot is seasick and surrounds the captain and all nearby with the most horrible, ghastly smells causing havoc in its wake!
Join the pirates in their search for Red Beard’s treasure, in a cloud of smelly pong.
But who is creeping secretly behind? Read and find out!

What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you (or, what is your secret superpower):
My superpower is making people laugh particularly with references to farts, snot and other naughty stuff!
I have a very visual mind so can see things in technicolour. This means I can I close my eyes and think of the situation, bringing myself into it in 3D. This is essential for seeing what I need to do. I visualise myself in the characters’ setting and act out what they’re doing which leads me into a narrative and the cartoons. I often giggle! So do my family when they see me acting about, waving my arms! All authors must try this. It’s good for the soul too!

And just a few fun questions:
Pen or Computer:
Both. I initially draw with a simple HB pencil on normal cartridge paper (nice and cheap and available!) then use a fine ink pen over the rough drawing. I love the soft, naturalness of the pencil drawing, but it’s at first very rough and lacks control, so rub out the rough stuff and draw in the pencil again, but more controlled. This produces a much softer, more natural and animated base for my colouring, which I do in Photoshop.

Best writing snacks:
Honestly, when I get busy, I forget to eat. I get so engrossed in my work.

Craziest thing you’ve done for story research:
Prancing around, attempting to visualise how the characters move! I once took photos of myself with my smart phone in the mirror in the ladies’ loos at work, trying to get the position of the pirate captain’s hand in the main cover photo. Fortunately no-one came in. Just imagine me trying to explain that!

Where can people find your book/story:

Any links and/or pictures you want to share:
Have a look at my Facebook page, here.
I have a few books in the ‘I’m Not . . .’ series which are in the process of being written (with continuing giggles!) When I get my next book done, all will be revealed here. And more! The imagination never stops, and nor should it. The story never ends.

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment