Saturday, December 22, 2018

Holiday Book Boost Number 28




Hi Indy, Welcome to my blog, I’m happy to meet you and introduce you to my readers. Let’s get started.

Title, genre, format (ebook, paperback):
TRACKER: A Fox Walker Novel is Book 1 in the Fox Walker Novels collection. It’s considered a suspense/mystery/thriller and contains a light romantic element as well.
It can be purchased as a paperback print book or as a Kindle book.

Tell me about your book/story:
Here’s the short version:
Loner and expert tracker Fox Walker's discovery in the Colorado wilderness will force him to employ all of his unique skills and wisdom if he is to save the Woman of the Wilderness.

Want more? This is from the book cover:
Apprenticed since early childhood in the ancient Native American skills of survival, tracker Fox Walker is a loner by choice until the day he discovers a young woman living as a primitive deep in the Colorado wilderness. A woman with no memory of her past and a torso riddled with scars. A woman with no desire for rescue and no reason to trust him.
The killer responsible for her emotional and physical damage has returned to finish what he started. Walker soon finds himself in the midst of an FBI manhunt. He'll be called upon to use all his unique skills and wisdom if he is to save the Woman of the Wilderness.
Awards Received:
Finalist in the National Indie Excellence Awards 2017
Finalist in the San Diego Book Awards 2017
Best Fiction Award at Southern California Writers Conference.

What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you (or, what is your secret superpower):
Being outside in nature is the most basic part of who I am. Besides gaining knowledge about wildlife, I learn lessons about who I am, and surprise myself about what I am capable of achieving. Nature continually inspires me. It is a part of all my writings, no matter the genre or subject matter.

And just a few fun questions:
Pen or Computer:
I used to handwrite all my chapters first before transferring them to the computer. But now I find I prefer to work directly via the computer. Although, when beginning a new book, I write out my ideas for the characters and plot by hand, and create my timeline. And if I find myself struggling with a scene I will often turn to paper and pencil to work it out.

Best writing snacks:
Popcorn, nuts, chips or crackers are my go-to staples. But some dark chocolate and a glass of wine makes a decidedly decadent deviation. Yeah, and I also love alliteration.

Craziest thing you’ve done for story research:
Wow – that could be an entire page considering I write about wilderness survival and have researched such things as how to clean and cook a rattlesnake. But seriously, the one incident that stands out to me is the time I had to call the Colorado Court System and ask questions about how prisoners are transferred from the court to the prison. The person helping me was happy to answer questions about the vehicle and what the prisoners would be wearing and such…but they got very, very quiet when I started asking questions about if the guards would be armed and if so, what kind of weapon. I was told they needed to transfer me to a supervisor. Fortunately I was able to get my questions answered though!

Where can people find your book/story:
Currently TRACKER: A Fox Walker Novel is only available on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M17M4C6
Or you can contact me for a signed print copy, if you prefer.
I hope to expand to more venues soon.

Any links and/or pictures you want to share:
If you’d love to receive info about upcoming new releases or sales for my novels you can subscribe to my once-a-month (at most) Newsletter. You can find the form on the Home page of my website. Or simply visit to read more about my various writing projects and blogs:  http://indyquillen.com/
You can Friend me as Indy Quillen on Facebook or Follow me @indyquillen on Twitter.

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment