Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Holiday Book Boost Number 17



Hi Gina, Welcome to my blog, I’m happy meet you and introduce you to my readers. Let’s get started.

Hi Lynn, thank you for welcoming me to your blog!

Title, genre, format (ebook, paperback):
I write in different genres but my most recently published book is the third in the Mortiswood Tales series, Mortiswood: Evil Rising. The series is dark, urban fantasy and is available in both Kindle format and paperback. I also write romantic, murder suspense books, fairy tales, short stories, and poetry.

Tell me about your book/story:

The problem with secrets is they don’t always remain secret, no matter how long they’ve been buried.

The dark side of magic beckons to Kaelia. It whispers in her ear, seducing her with the promise of yet more power. Having discovered the truth behind the goddess Hel’s connection to Bran the necromancer, Kaelia is finding it increasingly difficult to tell who is on her side and who is against her.

Drawn into an age-long battle, she must fight to protect not only those she loves, but also the humans that her enemies, The Salloki, would devour. Confronting an evil never seen before outside the realms of myth and magic, Kaelia is torn. Should she join with Bran? Is he really as trustworthy as he says?

But trust cuts both ways as Bran too discovers, unearthing both secrets and lies about his true identity. There is also someone he wants to protect above all, even if that price is unleashing upon Mortiswood the fearsome Vanagandr.

As secrets, lies, magic, and emotions weave their tangled web, who will lose their hearts and who will lose their lives?

Sometimes the line between good and evil is so blurred it fails to exist…


What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you (or, what is your secret superpower):
I wish I had a superpower! Does having a serious shoe addiction count as one?!

And just a few fun questions:
Pen or Computer:
If I’m writing poetry, I prefer to start out longhand but most of the time I use my PC, it’s much easier to undo, or redo!

Best writing snacks:
I love green tea with lemon, I’ll drink many, many cups when I’m writing, and I love savoury snacks – peanuts or crisps are my favourite!

Craziest thing you’ve done for story research:
I don’t think I’ve done anything crazy so far! I do a lot of research online, which changes depending on whether I’m writing a murderous suspense story (inventive ways to kill a character) or fantasy/fairy tales (mythology and magic).

Where can people find your book/story:
All of my books are available for Kindle and paperback on Amazon sites, plus all of the Mortiswood Tales books can also be found in print online at Waterstones or Blackwell’s.  https://amzn.to/2G9G38t


Any links and/or pictures you want to share:
I can be found online on my own website, both as a writer and cover designer:
and over on Authors Reach:

Thank you!
Thank you, Lynn!


1 comment: