Thursday, December 20, 2018

Holiday Book Boost Number 26

Hi B.Duane, Welcome to my blog, I’m happy meet you and introduce you to my readers. Let’s get started.

Title, genre, format (ebook, paperback):
The Dark Razor, Tales From Inter-Space Freight Services, Ltd: Sweetness, Tales from Inter-Space Freight Services, Ltd: The Staff.  Science Fiction all in eBook format.

Tell me about your book/story:  
All characters in the stories are, used to be, or will become associated with a small logistics company called Inter-Space Freight Services, Ltd.  The company arranges freight runs and handles paperwork, tariffs, and customs for independent owner-operators of small and medium sized space freighters.  Rather than a Princess, Wizard, or Champion Knight, the stories are about people who have to work for a living.  Each individual has their own past, personality, character flaws, and goals.  Mundane lives wouldn’t be that interesting for most readers, and indeed all of the characters have experienced adventures.  Even more, they have had some influence on each other, usually without knowing it.  The series is less hard science and explanation, and more about the human (or in some cases non-terrestrial sentients) struggles, victories, trials, and rewards.

What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you (or, what is your secret superpower):
 I’m a lifelong presenter, with little fear of public speaking and an ability to relate to nearly everyone.  That’s not so super, so just for fun I have two different super powers, neither of which I can control to much extent.  One is ACID.  That would probably be my X-Man name if I were in the comics!  My skin destroys many metals, but it takes long exposure.  I’ve ruined many watches, and had to replace my gold wedding ring as my skin seems to eat it away.  I play trumpet.  Where I hold the horn the nickel and brass finishes have been worn away by nothing but contact with my skin.  The second I’m less prone to share because it can be unsettling, yet has happened many times in my life.  I have a certain sense of prescience (think Frank Herbert’s Dune series).  I cannot control it, and it doesn’t always happen, but I have sensed many things from many people.  It’s highly personal, and has included an impending death of a strong and healthy man, criminal behavior in a church Pastor, and more.  It is difficult to describe other than as a strong unanticipated thought sensed when first meeting someone.  I share the thoughts with almost nobody because they seem so unlikely.  The problem is, they nearly always comes true. 

And just a few fun questions:
Pen or Computer: Computer!  Unless I’m using my iPad or Mac.  Cloud storage is wonderful!

Best writing snacks:  Nothing!  Eating distracts me and when I’m fully engaged in writing eating is one of the furthest things from my mind.

Craziest thing you’ve done for story research:  It’s not so bizarre, but I love learning things and expanding knowledge.  I might stop writing to look up a word and its Latin or Greek root, but then get lost in the research online for hours.  

Where can people find your book/story:  Amazon, Apple iBooks (iTunes store), Barnes & Noble (online), Kobo, and Lulu.




Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment